Va Beach Friday 8/31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone up for some Virginia Beach diving on Friday 8/31? I checked the boat sked out of both Lynnhaven and Dive quarters, no luck. Lynnhaven is going down to morehead city, and while I'd love to go I need to stay closer to home. I have to go and be back that same day. I thought about heading down to OBX, but the traffic will be murder on a holiday weekend. I guess what I'm really looking for is someone with a boat that I can tag along with....tall order I know. If nothing else materializes, I'll probably head to Rawlings just to get wet. Please drop me a line if you are interested. Just got that brand new AOW and Nitrox card which I have to break in :)

Rob

I don't think I can make that as I must work the day before & the day after holiday to get paid for the day off. But if you are thinking of the OBX then call http://www.obxdive.com/ Bill runs an excellent operation, & he has plans on going to the Jackson - U.S. Coast Guard Cutter, 241 tons, 125 ft long, sunk in the great hurricane of 1944, on the 14th, with a loss of 21 men. She is located approximately 8 miles NE from Oregon Inlet and lies in 80ft of water. The stern is broken from the bow with a separation of 80ft. The stern sits upright with all sections exposed to the sea. The sand which had previously covered most of the wreck has been moved off exposing many features that had been previously covered. The bow is sitting with a list to the starboard at 40 degrees the port side sea anchor is visible which still in it's hawser. For more information follow the link: WSC-142 Jackson.
As far as traffic it takes about 1hour 45mins from my house at the intersection of London Bridge & Dam Neck Rds. So you need to leave early with very little traffic, & coming back home everyone is heading to the OBX so no traffic problems there either.
The only thing is if he will have enough people to get boat to go. But you just need to fill a credit form to book a space & he never charges until the charter goes.
Congrats on the AOW & Nitrox, Dive Quarters is going to the Luchenbach on Sept 01 & that would be a nice dive to do. I could probably do that.

Back
Top Bottom