Vaersenbaai Garden Eels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuracaoJ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just wanted to share with my fellow SBers, this shot from yesterday. It was on the way in from my safety stop at Vaersenbaai. I've occasionally seen just a head or two of a Garden Eel but this was a whole colony of them swaying in the water, and they were kind enough to pose for one pic before my presence scared them away.

Attachments

• PICT0068.jpg
    PICT0068.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 186
I expected Garden Eels there but have never seen them. Probably too crowded where I make my safety stop (between the end of the rope and the nice concrete block full of coral and crowded with fish at 3 meters). Next time I will look more carefully.

The visibility is for unknown reasons not what it used to be. Still a decent 50 feet but it looks cloudy under water.

Yeah, I was a little farther east (towards the pontoon) from where you normally do your stop. I was surprised at how close they let me get.

Vis was better yesterday at Director's. I don't know what's going on with it lately. Let's hope the water warms up a little too!

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom