Value in An "Experienced" DM/Instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MooreaMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm 50 ish + and diving for almost 40 years. =Considering lifestyle change and wondering if anyone else would place a value on having a DM/Instructor at a resort who would understand and cater to us (read OLDER) divers who might want to take it a little easier and slower. OR, who knows others who would like to discover diving but who think/feel the instructor might be demanding they keep up with the younger ones in the class.

If so, where geographically would you like to see someone? Any specific resorts? I'd like to initiate longer-term horizon discussions prior to the IDC...maybe schedule my IDC is the same area as the employment potential. If anyone knows Lino at the Moorea Pearl that is the model he is using and works for him. Simply, I am neither French nor Polynesian so I cannot work there.:(

While I'm not able to specifically help you in your quest, I will say that emphatically YES I think there's a market for a "seasoned human" to work as a DM or Instructor. Life experience counts when dealing with students and with certified divers. In my IDC of 18 candidates, I think there was one person older than me - and he and I are in the half that still actively teach. :)

Good luck!

-kari

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom