Valve Flusher for Power inflators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

black1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Tobin when i use this as per the instructions the water does not flush out of my hose were the mouthpiece is, is this correct? it goes in to my hose and then into the wing, I then after each time have to turn my wing upside down and drain it, it is a pain to do this, am i doing something wrong here?.I hold down the add gas button but it just shoots water into my wing.

Tobin when i use this as per the instructions the water does not flush out of my hose were the mouthpiece is, is this correct? it goes in to my hose and then into the wing, I then after each time have to turn my wing upside down and drain it, it is a pain to do this, am i doing something wrong here?.I hold down the add gas button but it just shoots water into my wing.

The valve flusher is designed to flush the "add gas" cartridge valve in the inflator.

Water will be introduced into the wing, this is no different than when you add gas to a wing, it goes into the wing.

A little fresh water in your wing is a good thing, it allows you to rinse out the bladder too.

When I clean a wing I connect the flusher to the nipple on the inflator and flush out the brass valve, then I stick the end of the flusher into the mouth piece and hold down the "dump" button until the wing is ~20% full of water.

I slosh the water around in the bladder and drain it via the OPV. I'll blow up the wing a couple times with the OPV as the low point and vent as much water as practical.

If I've been diving for a few days between cleanings in salt water I'll repeat this process again.

Tobin

Ok great, I thought maybe i was doing something wrong, but that makes sense and it allows for cleaning out the bladder, thanks Tobin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom