Vamanos a Cuzamil!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK. kids, I'm a week out and getting antsy! Here are the folks that have contacted me about maybe getting together for a drink or something when we are down there, and their dates:

nikkyo May 14-22
richhagelin May 15-22
NightRaven77 May 15-22
5615mike May 12-23
Melfox26 May 16-23
christi lives there, the scoundrel!
Scuba-Rica May 8-15
Moodiejeff May 15-22
lieserom May 22-?
And of course yours truly
May 12-24

Am I leaving anybody out? Scuba-Rica and lieserom don't overlap me by much, but the rest of you guys do; do ya'll want to all try and meet for drinks or something? Will we need name tags? :^)

If so, are there any suggestions/restrictions as to date and time? I figger mornings are out; most of us will be diving. Monday the 17th, Wednesday the 19th, and Friday the 21st I hope to be out deep sea fishing until 6 pm or so. I'll be going around the island with family and friends one day in there somewhere, but I don't know which day it will be.

Are ya packed yet?

I'll be there the 24th so I'll likely miss you. I'm going to try to search out Lieserom since he's staying at the same place I am and he's with a guy 6'10". He should be easy to find. Y'all have fun. Lieserom and I will keep the fun going the next week.

I'll be at the Caribe Blu w/ my girlie on the dates noted so i will definitely run into you there, I'll also be diving w/ Christi so keep a look out! I am planning on doing as many night dives that I can squeeze in though.

Maybe someplace centrally located (like Papa Hog's if they're open late enough) would be a good choice between those up North and down South. Would make it easy on us as we're within walking distance.
:eyebrow:

I've never been to Papa Hog's, that was just a suggestion. Maybe Christi can come up with a better place since the poor thing has to spend all her time there!

Sorry to be a pain but it might be a good idea to list where everyone is staying too. Dive Ops also...

Moodiejeff:
Sorry to be a pain but it might be a good idea to list where everyone is staying too. Dive Ops also...

OK; here's what I know:

nikkyo.....?? but diving with Blue Angel (based at Caribe Blu)
richhagelin.....Occidental Grand
NightRaven77.....Fiesta Americana
5615mike.....Casa Mexicana
Melfox26.....Fiesta Americana
Moodiejeff.....Caribe Blu
Scuba-Rica.....Barracuda
lieserom.....Caribe Blu

Now, one thing - if we're going to try to get together, it has gotta be easy. NO STRESS ALLOWED! My calendar is pretty full when I'm on Cozumel, as I assume all yours' are, too. Maybe it will work, maybe not. Some of us are pretty far south.

The best time for me, as best I can tell from here and now would most likely be Tuesday or Thursday (18th or 20th) in the afternoon. I am willing to cab it anywhere. I also will be checking the Board periodically when I'm there, though (of course) not nearly so often as now.

I'm pretty sure that I will see 5615mike (on the same plane) and Moodiejeff (staying in the same hotel), and I will probably run into nikkyo (diving Blue Angel). Nikkyo, you will know me by my beat up white canvas hat and my tendency to wear my Grateful Dead tshirts out on the dive boats.

6 days!

ggunn:
OK; Nikkyo, you will know me by my beat up white canvas hat and my tendency to wear my Grateful Dead tshirts out on the dive boats.

6 days!

AAhhhh a Deadhead no doubt. :wink:

parrotheaddiver:
AAhhhh a Deadhead no doubt. :wink:

Yes, I need a miracle every day. You?

parrotheaddiver:
Most definitely!

Have a great trip....uuuuhhh to Coz I mean :wink:

The longer the better, and not TOO strange. ;^)

If the thunder don't get ya then the lightning will....

I will be on the look out for ya Gordon. I start diving on saturday, not sure if I will make it down to the dive shop on friday. The boat will be picking me up from a downtown pier and I guess will head back to the dive shop. By the way, do you know if Blue angel also goes out at 10 am? The website says it does but i'm not sure they do anymore. It's tough to communicate with them because of e mial failures. See ya in coz!!!!!

I may be down there May 24-31 to fix up my house. Getting excited, huh, gordon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom