Vancouver Area Dive Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few smaller wrecks in Porteau too.
Yeh, when we saw the two large lions manes drifing toward us we dropped down in one and they drifted over
us. A very impressive jellyfish.

Whytecliff is plenty deep and very accessible shore dive. I can't remember exactly how deep but...uh...super deep.

We entered from the walk down the cliff so we had essentially no surface swim. We did not get that deep but I guess we were working along a fairly steep wall. There was a strong algae bloom. Viz was good below 15 ft or so but was like a dusk dive.

I booked a private local DM who did pick up and drop off. I dove wet in a 10/14. Was very comfortable. Here are some photos and comments on my shore dives.
Vancouver
Vancouver Porteau Cove was a pretty dive up the fiord.

A few years ago I booked my drysuit class with a private Instructor out of Vancouver. We did the class off of a couple wrecks north of town. Vis was horrible down to about 30' then it opened up to about 30' vis.

Something else to keep in mind is that 20' vis is amazing for my area. Usually 5' is max.

Whytecliff goes down to about 500 feet within a rocks throw of shore on the cliff side. No idea what is down there - I am not a tec diver. I believe that Kelvin's Grove and Porteau have deep dives but you will want to check with a local tec diver to be sure. Both are shore dives and both are north of Vancouver.

Back
Top Bottom