Vancouver based dive forums?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ness: I'm just checking to see if I can get rental gear for the pumpkin carving.

Not so much for the pumkin carving itself, but to get some another dive (or two!) in :)

Hopefully I'll see you there, though I may need to get myself one of those "airhog" shirts.

:D

Jimisurf: I'm in Kits as well. I'm in the process of buying some (perhaps all?!) gear at the moment. I will probably try and go with the IDC crew for a bit because I know quite a few of the folks over there after taking my course there (which is always nice).
I will definately post up though once I'm a bit better prepared.

However, here is one dillema I have: If I go with more experienced divers, I think they would be annoyed at my 'hoovering' and not letting them stay down for very long. And if I go with much less experienced divers, I'd be concerned about how much they can be trusted to be a good buddy (I realize that goes for me as well of course). I'm sure it's something tha will work it's way out once I meet more people :)

See you guys out there.

Bjorn

jeckyll:
However, here is one dillema I have: If I go with more experienced divers, I think they would be annoyed at my 'hoovering' and not letting them stay down for very long. And if I go with much less experienced divers, I'd be concerned about how much they can be trusted to be a good buddy (I realize that goes for me as well of course). I'm sure it's something tha will work it's way out once I meet more people :)

Not necessarily. I recommend simply talking with your buddies and explaining that you are new and have a high air consumption. I was surprised at how many people enjoy showing a new diver the area and they usually have some good tips to help you improve. There are some people that might complain but no one is forcing them to dive.

Thanks Sean.

Luckily, I'm not exactly shy (somewhat of an understatement) so I'll make sure I express that up front. Hopefully I'll find some folks that want to go anyways (and I'm trying to get a buddy of mine to jump on his excercise bike so he'll fit back into his wetsuit and get back into diving).

I'm hoping that it won't take too long to get a handle on the air consumption, but I realize that these things take time. :)

Bjorn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom