Vancouver based dive forums?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeckyll

Contributor
Reaction score
First, let me say that I'm glad I found this sub sub sub forum :)

Second, I'm new to diving (should have my OW completed shortly) and am probably going to be looking for some local folks to dive with once my course is done to gain more experience. To start I'm planning to on some of the 'fun dives' that IDC holds, as I'm taking my training there.

I was wondering, however, if there are any other local based board that may get more views from local divers, or if most of people just find dive buddies at the shops.

Thanks in advance.

Bjorn

Hi Bjorn,

I'm new to diving as well. (I won't actually be completing my OW until June when I have a chance to go somewhere warm to do my check out dives.)

As far as I know, there aren't any dive boards specific to Vancouver, but there are a few of us in the PNW at the link below.

If you find more info on locating locals to dive with, please share it with the rest of us.

:)

Annasea: I thought you were only going to diving where it's warm (I think you posted about doing your checkout dives in warm water).

But I'll probably check out the IDC fun dives (weekly I think).

I'll post up how that goes :)

Bjorn

Well that's true for now, but once I get certified and start feeling comfortable and confident in the water, who knows?? I just might don a drysuit after all!

Regardless, it's nice to know other divers in the immediate area. :)

And yes, please do keep us posted on IDC's weekly dives. The shop I trained with only does night dives on Wednesdays.

Will do.

If I get caught up (I'm a 1/2 day behind or so) by the Thursday, I'll be doing my checkout dives this weekend (wetsuit). Got an extra thermos I can borrow? :fish: :xyxnervou :fish:

NetDoc:
Well,

here you have a forum dedicated to YOU! Best invite some friends! :D

I'm trying.

Really :D

Hye Bjorn,

(& everyone else)

Hope to see you at our 11th annual Pumpkin Carving Contest at Whytecliff Park on Oct. 23!! There will be prizes :wink: If you're interested just talk to the store staff & get yourself on the list.

Hope everything is going well with the training so far. We'll see you around the shop & pool.

~ness

Ness: Thanks for the invite :)

I'm not sure I'm ready to focus on anything but diving for a bit and will probably have enough trouble with propper buoyancy without worrying about how to get a pumpkin neutral :lol2:

Bjorn

Hey Jeklyl and Annasea welcome to the board!!

I have found a few good sources for local and near local diving over the years. This board is one of them. I have been on some great dives with other members of this board by just posting a note with the date, time and location(s) you would like to dive. Doesn't always work, but sometimes. Most dive shops often have fun dives and short trips like IDC does. You might want to try Ocean Pro. I know they are way out in White Rock, but I live in Kits and have dove with the clan out there a bunch of times. All the shops have something going on in the form of trips, just hunt around on the web (some are not that up to date, like the Locker). I may be doing a local dive on Oct. 22 at either Porteau or in Sechelt at Tewaneck(sp?). I will post if I go. There will be a few experienced and just certified people there. Then on Oct 23, we are doing the Chardiere with Ocean Pro and Porpoise Bay Charters.

Anyway, good luck and dont be a stranger...

Jimi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom