Suggestion Vancouver Island club forum proposal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
cjfox

cjfox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A group of local divers on southern Vancouver Island have started a new dive club called South Island Divers. We are not affiliated with any particular dive shop, and welcome all who are interested. There are abut 30 signed up, and I would like to get a sub forum in Western Canada like the other dive clubs. I will get the other members to reply, as I understand this is the process.

I guess there may be a slight mis-communication here.

Dave and I would like to see a "Vancouver Island Divers" forum for the use of everyone who dives or is interested in diving our beautiful island.

Re-reading your founding posts, it seems you want to start a forum for your dive club (South Island...). If this is correct, then go ahead.

If that is the case, then I will seek the moderator's approval to start a more generic public forum for anyone who wants to talk about diving on Vancouver Island - the "Vancouver Island Divers" forum.

Cheers,

-Richard

Hey Dave, I was joking. Why would I want to exclude a fellow Meg diver.

Cheers

Al

You can understand me being a little touchy having been excuded from one dive club in Victoria due to my choice of apparatus.

You can understand me being a little touchy having been excuded from one dive club in Victoria due to my choice of apparatus.

I believe that Charlie and other members of the executive started the South island Divers club so we could get together down here and do some diving, that all. By the way that was my first question before I filled the paperwork with the club if RB are OK. I was told that I was good to go. There is a few Tech divers in the club already. After all in 10 years 30% of diving will be done on RB:wink:. About the ADCE I don't even know if it still around or not, I left the club last year for the same reason many did.

Cheers

Al

I will support a Vancouver Island forum...and I don't discriminate; you can dive with what ever vacuum cleaner you want :wink:

Well, to start a new forum (Vancouver Island Divers) we require a dozen supporters. For now I think just a new forum topic in "Western-Canada" will suffice.

Cheers,

-S

Back
Top Bottom