Vandalism at Mermet Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrapinken

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It seems some lowlife scumbags decided to vandalize Mermet Springs last weekend. As per Glen, they broke glass out of the phone booth, cut cables on the Cessna and tore the top off of the 1 man sub by the rail car. Glen has asked for help trying to narrow down who has done this. If you hear anything or know anything, email glen@mermetsprings.com. Glen said you can call him at the quarry 618-527-3483 or his cell 618-771-6990 Please help flush these cowards out. They have no respect for your propert or safety. Ken

What SCUM!!!!! Why would somebody want to tear up one of the finest dive sites in the midwest. Don't answer that...we all know there are people like this out there. I was talking to some other divers today about this post and one of them brought up a good point. We all as divers have a certain respect for other divers and the dive sites. We leave a lot of expensive gear on the side of the water and expect nobody to mess with it (at least I've never had a problem). To this end, the dive community above all have a set of standards for treating others right and leaving the dive sites in a manner that they can be enjoyed by the next diver. There are no "scuba police" therefore we are to police ourselves and it is working. I hope they catch these lowlifes. I'm sure they probably are certified divers, but people like this give all divers a bad name.

Come on cowards...if you are so proud of what you did why don't you post back and tell us where you are...we can "talk" about this.

Okay, I'm done.

S. Nagel

I was there last sunday (oops meant 2 Sundays ago) and noticed the cessna laying at about a 70 degree angle and was wondering what happened to it. Sad to find out that there are dirtbags in this sport as well.

Bill Sigmund

I was there last weekend. The Cessna's mooring lines have been fixed and most of the other stuff fixed or cleaned up.

Some a*hole broke into my car and stole my ipod - hooray for idiots.

I dive at Mermet Springs every saturday. Glen and the Staff are the nicest bunch of people you will find. Why do people have to abuse someone else's property that they have put out there for everyone to enjoy. Let's find out who the people were so they can be banned from the Quarry.:no

DivingsInMyBlood:
those damn lowlives. It's people like that that need to get hung by their nutz and have bricks thrown at them.

Would probably be too kind:furious: :kopfab: . How sad:shakehead . The local dive club I belong to dive there occasionally & really enjoy it. Hope they catch whomever it was.

Wozzer:
Some a*hole broke into my car and stole my ipod - hooray for idiots.

Did you report this to Glen? I guess I will have to be more careful now, there as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom