VDH wings in stock!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The small OxyCheqs that I saw in SS had 2 camband slots.

The AL ones at NESS were "blems" that came in with only one slot. After the first few, they were reworked and had the second set of slots milled at the same position as the SS smalls.

I suggest that if you find them somewhere, just call to confirm.

Can anyone here compare (from hands on experience) the VDH 35lb wing with the DGX 30? I have the VDH 23 and I am happy with it, but my buddy needs a bit more lift. Of course the DGX is cheaper, I'm wondering if the VDH 35 is flappier / bulkier in the water? How about the build quality? Is the DGX as good?
I have both. As mentioned, the vdh35 material is thicker than the dgx30 and from my experience, the vdh has more lift than the 35lbs specified in salt water. I use the dgx for travel as i can roll it up really tight, the vdh is a little bulkier to pack but in the water its hard to tell the difference. The vdh internal bungees keep it really tight but once inflated, it is definitely wider than the dgx. Theyre both awesome wings, cant go wrong with either choice.

I have both VDH and DGX. I like the DGX, but I love the VDH. It feels heavier duty and that gives me warm fuzzies.

I'm trying to convince myself to buy another 35#, I just can't come up with a reason.

Matt wouldn't give me a price either. I got my Sub Gravity bp/w from Greg at Fully Tek Marine by Petrolia. He went and picked up a big order from the states in March. Marine Charters

This isn't his real job, so sometimes it takes a while for him to get back to you.
Cool, thanks for the hint. I'll drop them an email (and be patient).

@d^2b final version is just shy of 16".

I have a compact flat plate in the works....somewhat similar to Vintage Plate that comes in under 13" in stainless with dual tank band slots.
Keep us / me posted. There seems to be a number of recent threads on SB about short plates, so there is probably some interest.

Just ordered a VDH 35# wing. I’m replacing my still-perfectly-good DSS Torus 17 to get a bit more lift.

I’m wondering if the uninflated VDH 35 will add bouyancy over an uninflated DSS Torus 17. With more nylon and bladder aught to add a bit, maybe?

I got it! I got it!

My 35 came in today. It looks awesome. It will be most definitely be more streamlined than the trek wings I have been diving. Inflated it's a little thinner and A LOT narrower.

See the pictures and I'll be happy to answer any questions i can.

Did i mention the construction of this wing is awesome?!?

Attachments

• PXL_20220511_203250303.jpg
    PXL_20220511_203250303.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 114
  • PXL_20220512_001058916.jpg
    PXL_20220512_001058916.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20220512_001118262.jpg
    PXL_20220512_001118262.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 103
Damn, that trek wing looks like a huge sail next to the VDH.

I’m still waiting for mine, should be here Friday.

Getting wings from LA to the Ontario area has been challenging to say the least. Shipping cost was showing around $117.00. So it was cheaper to send from LA to FLA and then FLA to Canada. I'm eating the extra cost and getting them out as soon as they arrive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom