Venice Beach Conditions - October 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be interested in a night dive. Wednesday or Friday should work for me. I have never done a night dive before and imagine Venice would be a great place to start. Would anyone be interested in buddying up with a first time night diver?
If a night dive doesn't work out this week, I'd like to try to do Saturday morning as well if anyone is looking to buddy up.

CBulla:
I'm angling towards Friday - I just got offered $ to come set up a wireless for someone Wednesday :D

Friday should work for me. What time were you thinking?

Report from Alhambra Thursday, Oct. 19.

I got there about 8:30 just me and 2 beach buddies. A quick walk to the beach to look at the SURF 2 ft. breakers. Water looked flat at first but when you got close there were long rolling waves, beach was clean and smelled good water temp 79 Vis in a minute.

I had my new toy a scooter well got in OK and got past the BREAKERS dodged all the stone crab buoys that are out there and the boat guards them like a hawk I could hear him circling me for over a hour. I went out about 300 yds dropped in about 23fsw. I guessed I landed on that rock reef I heard about out there any how little balls of sea weed every ware Vis. BAD 1-2 ft. Made my way east got out of the rocks and it open up a little probley around 20fsw now better vis 2-3 ft. Best vis. at 18fsw 4 ft at best real bad surge I mean unless you held something 3-4 ft one way than back again. Did my 2hr + bottom time got the usual small 60 or so teeth one nice small Mako.

Time to come back pop up a little over 100 yds out. No problem got the scooter. Well almost got sea sick on the way in and kinda missed my landing point wounded up a little N. of the pipes. Near shore was an adventure surfed the waves in. I had to have my shore buddy help grab the scooter. At that spot there happen to be a good 1 1/2 - 2 ft ledge you know just before you get out. It wasn't pretty I didn't make it over it down I went talk about a beached whale just when I was able to get control a wave would come and put me down again this happen about 3 times rolling around in the surf. Talk about sand it was every ware it's still falling out of ears lol.

All in all a good day fun time and some thing to remember. I say that now after hours of cleaning sand out of my gear.

Bruce

I can't do the night dive at Venice Saturday.
But am bringing a couple of buddies tomorrow.
Be in the water by around noon.
Anyone else going to be there?

cra2

Sunday 10/22/06 report
water temp 81
vis 4'-5'

todays haul
3 megs
2 hemis
1 tiger 12 sand tigers
100+ misc small teeth

wont let me upload pic

Is anyone planning on Diving Venice the morning of Saturday the 28th? I'd like to buddy up if anyone is interested.

skink:
Is anyone planning on Diving Venice the morning of Saturday the 28th? I'd like to buddy up if anyone is interested.
Sorry, son has regional swim meet on Saturday. MissD is bbqing on Saturday afternoon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom