Venice Sea Life encounters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was this the guy???

looks like a wee bit octopus ... i do count eight arms

Hello to all, I just found this site and it looks to be right up my alley.

Was this the guy??? I sort of felt bad because I found him attached to one of my "finds" when I got back in the boat. He did swim off so I hope he was OK. (I hope the picture thing works)

Close in size. My guy was inside a shell that I thought was empty. I put mine back too.

My husband and I were diving off Service last summer and were seperated by bad viz, but knew we were within 20 feet of each other (we'd run into each other ever couple minutes). I was head down looking for teeth when I see a shadow move in front of me. I look up, thinking it was my husband, and about 10 feet in front of me is a 3 or so foot goliath just staring at me. Cursing myself that I didn't have my camera, I just watched him for about a minute or so, then he swam off. My husband still doesn't believe me.... Other than that, 3 very pesky remoras, a grunt that became too friendly with my mask (he liked his reflection), and the biggest flounder I have ever seen. We are going toothin this weekend (weather and sinuses permitting), and this time I am taking my camera.

Jayde323:
My husband and I were diving off Service last summer and were seperated by bad viz

A buddy line will solve that problem.

Vis was limited today, but we did have the occasional area with 10' or so. We swam around the pipes off service club for awhile and it was loaded with fish and other marine life. Most interesting was a Florida Regal Sea Goddess and a Ridley Sea Turtle. Also saw the usual snook, grouper, spade fish, stone crab, snapper, porkfish, lizardfish, searobin.......... Every once in awhile I would spot the elusive 12 year old boy showing me his latest fossil (thank goodness for buddylines).:)

Most interesting was a Florida Regal Sea Goddess and a Ridley Sea Turtle.

oh, very nice!

i've never seen a Ridley

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom