Vet's Park Report 4/12/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich805Howell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Me and my buddy dived vets park today for the first time. Pretty cool spot, right when we got there we had ankle biter waves. But after we suited up and started to enter they started to pick up pretty big. We dropped down to about 25' and kept cruising and stoped around the 100' range(maxed at 105'). At depth water was 50 degrees, the dive was about 40 minutes with 20-25' viz. Pretty cool spot and rock crabs everywhere and even a 5' jelly fish and a seal lion following us around trying to eat the crabs.. All in all a really good dive and a AWESOME day. Hope this helps. Again, wish I had a camara to take photos for you guys =(

-Rich

well, that was at 105 feet. at about 45 feet it was alot warmer!

I knew I should have tried harder to get my buddy in the water yesterday.

no, we entered at 12:30 in the afternoon. it was nice. i even got alittle tan! :D

Good report Rich, yea Redondo Canyon is a good alternative or like a 3rd dive of the day spot, at night. Night dives there, make Redondo a pretty nice dive!! Rich, are you guys diving every weekend? if so maybe we should get together. A small hard core group of 3 and sometimes 5 go to the coolest most out of the way and unknown sites we can find. Right now we're diving Laguna, I know, gas prices are making Laguna alittle less interesting. May 1st we're gonna be into the southern LA county moving north. May, June, July are gonna be the years most memorable.

Good report Rich, yea Redondo Canyon is a good alternative or like a 3rd dive of the day spot, at night. Night dives there, make Redondo a pretty nice dive!! Rich, are you guys diving every weekend? if so maybe we should get together. A small hard core group of 3 and sometimes 5 go to the coolest most out of the way and unknown sites we can find. Right now we're diving Laguna, I know, gas prices are making Laguna alittle less interesting. May 1st we're gonna be into the southern LA county moving north. May, June, July are gonna be the years most memorable.

Hey, yeah. I try to dive about every weekend if nothing else is going on. I mostly do malibu cause its so close to me and I know all the sites. But I'm always down to dive and meet new divers. I will pm you my number and you can call or text. Until then, Cheers

- Rich

Back
Top Bottom