Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 50 feet of vis at Madrona today. Still soupy on the way out to the big wall, but really opens up after that.

Divegoose

I was out at Dolphin yesterday.

Best vis I have seen here in years - a good 50 feet !!

Even clear in the shallows :)

Saw some features I have never seen before due to the visibility.

Divegoose

Over the past week I have dove at Dolphin, Oak Point, Tyee and Madrona.

Vis has ranged from 30 - 50 feet. Although pretty good in the shallows, vis is better at depth.

Starting to see the sea lions on a regular basis. We were buzzed by a group of 4 a few times at Madrona this morning.

As the air temperature and water temperature start to cool down, vis continues to get better.

Dive safe !!

Divegoose :)

Dove November 3 in the Maple Bay area with 5 feet of visibility. Today we dove Tyler with at least 50 feet of viz. it snowed hard all day. Dry suits are wonderful. Tomorrow, back up to Nanoose area.

Tyee not Tyler as auto corrected.

I also dove Oak Leaf and Tyee again on Sunday and Monday. Very nice at 50 feet plus for viz

Three local dives this week - Tyee, Madrona, and Dolphin. Visibility ranged anywhere from 30 - 50 feet depending on depth. The heavy fog we had early in the week was certainly a factor in limiting visibility, as were the clear skies this morning at Dolphin where we had very good visibility. For the most part visibility has been improving over the last few weeks. Water temperature has dropped quite a bit as well - it was down to 6 degrees Celcius this morning :eek:, but still warmer than the air.

Divegoose

Back
Top Bottom