• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Victoria Vis conditions?

Discussion in 'Western Canada' started by wedivebc, Jun 6, 2006.

1. MarkH

MarkH Solo Diver

Visibility was a nice-and-bright 30' or so at the end of the Ogden Point breakwater today. As I swam back towards the second bend, the visibility seemed to drop a bit. At the second corner, visibility was closer to 20'.

2. MarkH

MarkH Solo Diver

Visibility at Lamb Islet in Becher Bay was a nice 30' this morning. I did a second dive there and the visibility had dropped to 20'. It was much darker (maybe from darker cloud cover) and there seemed to be sediment floating around.

3. MarkH

MarkH Solo Diver

Up by Nanoose today at Madrona Point, visibility was about 30' near shore. Out farther, away from the waves and surge, I'd say visibility was 60'+. Visibility was about the same at Wall Beach, except for the clouds of moon jellyfish between 30-50' deep.

4. Divegoose

Divegoose Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    A good 50 feet of visibilty at Madrona Point yesterday morning. May have been better had thee not been heavy overcast and some fog.

Divegoose

5. MarkH

MarkH Solo Diver

Visibility was a silty 15' at Hoskyn Point in Becher Bay today.

6. Divegoose

Divegoose Divemaster

About 30 - 40 feet of visibility at Dolphin today. Heavy overcast and light rain certainly made it darker than it would have been had the sun been out.

Divegoose

7. MarkH

MarkH Solo Diver

Visibility was the typical 15' at Ten Mile Point today. Even though I was diving at noon, it was too dark down on the wall to see where I was going without a light (the weather was heavily overcast and rainy on the surface).

8. MarkH

MarkH Solo Diver

Visibility was a dark and silty 10' in Enterprise Channel today.

9. Divegoose

Divegoose Divemaster

Estimate 40 - 50 feet of visibility at Madrona Point yesterday morning (Dec 14th).

Divegoose

10. MarkH

MarkH Solo Diver

Visibility was around 10-15' at Beddis Beach on Saltspring Island today.