Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dove the GB Church yesterday and McCurdy Point. There was lots of suspended particles at the Church and vis was probably about 20'. McCurdy was 50'+ incredibly clear!

While pulling up the dive ladder I lost my wedding band at McCurdy. If anyone dives there and has some time to kill at 30' (southwest of the anchor) to look for it I'll happily pay a reward for its return.

20'-25' at Ogden Pt this morning. Got worse farther out towards the lighthouse.

Dove at Dolphin Beach (near Tyee) this morning. Vis was good in the shallows, but was great on the big wall. Estimate 75 feet plus. It was the top end of the high tide. Pair of wolf eels, some big tiger rockfish, and some big ling cod.

Divegoose

Dove Tyee Cove this morning. Once you got below the thermocline at approximately 38 feet, the visibilty was fantastic. :D Estimating around 75 feet of horizontal visibility at depth. Could see the ripples on the surface from 85 feet.

Divegoose

We dove the big wall at Madrona last evening. As it was getting near sunset it was hard to accurately determine visibility, but I would estimate at least 75.
Needed our lights for most of the dive. Four wolf eels, including two young adults, and four big octopus. Couple of good size urchin beds developing so there
will be lots of food for the critters once fully developed.

Dive safe :D

Divegoose

Kind of nasty in the 10-Mile Point neighborhood today. Visibility was 10-15' at the Mount Baker View Road shore access.

---------- Post added September 26th, 2014 at 06:43 PM ----------

Varied between 10-40' at Hospital Rock near Chemainus Harbour today.

I dove McCurdy Point today with Aquarius Dive Club. The vis was magnificent - 80' at some points. The second dive, Tanner Rock, not so good, but the GPO made up for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom