Video:Cenote Jailhouse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mexicovince

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Happy Monday everybody.

One of the satisfaction of teaching activities such as cave diving, is that it creates strong bounds with students.
They very often become friends.
So when there is a dive site you love, your former student is a perfect model, and you have talent for videography like Natalie Gibb has, the result is a beautiful video like this one.
We hope you will enjoy watching it if you are not lucky enough to spend your week underground:)

Cheers,

Vincent Rouquette-Cathala

I would LOVE to come experience that! Did my first cenote dives last summer and want to start doing more tech type dives to lead up to cave. It's beautiful and like being in another world down there! Wonderful vid!

where's the video?

where's the video?

Cenote Jailhouse is near Playa Del Carmen/Tulum.

I dove there this January. Very nice video. They did not show the entrance pool. Which subjects you to near zero visibility until you are well into the cave. Dive was well worth the challenge, but it is NOT a typical Cenote with guided dives.

Cenote Jailhouse is near Playa Del Carmen/Tulum.

...subjects you to near zero visibility until you are well into the cave.

You are being generous with the visibility in the pool!

You are being generous with the visibility in the pool!

yeah, you are probably right. We were either the second or third group in that day, so I was being optimistic that it might have been better at some point.

I think there can be varying degrees of “zero viz”. Can i see my computer pressed up to my mask? Can I see the faint glow of my primary light? The first 50’ of line going Into jailhouse let me experience yes and no to both of these questions. Lol..

Great video!! Love the cave and have been a longtime fan of Natalie's videos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom