Video: Dives from the new Lobos ramp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent video! I was hoping to meet up with UTD crew this weekend, but unfortunately life got in the way. Looks like visibility opened up nicely once you got deep, although the surge looks just as "fun" as it was last weekend... :)

Thanks Erik and Don for sharing the vids :) Although surgy it looks like vis was pretty nice. This past weekend was fantastic for top side weather :cool2:

The new section is super grippy no worries about slipping yet.
The ramp does look great. Should be a nice improvement. I launched from one in Sausalito today that was made similar with nice grooves in it. When recovering it was a lower tide and I got out on the ramp to find myself sliding around. The new ramp will eventually get slippery too, but will be much better than before.

Thanks Erik and Don for sharing the vids :) Although surgy it looks like vis was pretty nice. This past weekend was fantastic for top side weather :cool2:

The ramp does look great. Should be a nice improvement. I launched from one in Sausalito today that was made similar with nice grooves in it. When recovering it was a lower tide and I got out on the ramp to find myself sliding around. The new ramp will eventually get slippery too, but will be much better than before.

It was one hell of a kick out, but as you said, vis was pretty nice.

The ramp itself is already pretty slippery near the bottom where either kelp or algae is clinging to it, but its only at the very bottom for now.

[vimeo]16824131[/vimeo]
-Erik

Hi erik,
We meet at lobos.
thanks for the video, it's actually better than what i recorded.
I tried to put "dried gaz" in my gopro housing, but i still get condensation/steam inside. the sartek lens is in glass, so maybe i should try something else.
anyway, nice video, and nice to meet you
Mickael, the french guy with the accent and the rebreather !

The ramp itself is already pretty slippery near the bottom where either kelp or algae is clinging to it, but its only at the very bottom for now.

The lower part of the ramp was only cleaned. Only the top 2/3
to 3/4 was resurfaced.

Chuck, the rangers were there on Sunday with a small bulldozer moving some of the rocks around for easier boat access as you requested.

Chuck, the rangers were there on Sunday with a small bulldozer moving some of the rocks around for easier boat access as you requested.
NICE! That will help all of us boat owners. Thanks for speaking up Chuck :)

Nice videos. Thanks to all for sharing. Must say, ramp looks great. Can't wait till we return.

Cool. The one think I mentioned to Ranger Chuck when we dropped by to
see it on Sunday was that the rocks at the top on the ocean side could
be moved a bit to make the turn onto the ramp a bit less sharp. Every
little bit helps.

Chuck

Now if we could just get people to put those #!@%&*#%@ X-stand things under their car instead of leaving them in the middle of the road. :angrymob:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom