video editing: movie maker vs. magix video vs. powerdirector (win)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

line

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

probably no easy question, but wanted to ask nevertheless. I'm looking for a software to edit uw videos. Right now I'm using movie maker (pro: free, easy - con: very basic), but want to have something more elaborated. So I got pointed to the two programs above: magix video and powerdirector. Has anybody out there worked with either one of them or maybe both? And if so, which one do you prefer and why? Of course, if you have other suggestion, just fire away :)

TIA

PowerDirector can be OK, but I've had major crashing problems with multiple versions on multiple systems.

PowerDirector can be OK, but I've had major crashing problems with multiple versions on multiple systems.

I like Power director when it works but as Shasta_man said it is really hit and miss. I had version 9 which works beautifully and then upgraded to 10 which did not work and then went back to 9 and have stuck with it. Reviews on 11 seem to be very poor as far as getting the software to work.

I like Power director when it works but as Shasta_man said it is really hit and miss. I had version 9 which works beautifully and then upgraded to 10 which did not work and then went back to 9 and have stuck with it. Reviews on 11 seem to be very poor as far as getting the software to work.
Power Director is my Go To software. You need a substantial graphics card and the above posters may have issues with their graphic card drivers. Hopefully you have Windows 7 64 bit OS, if not Corel Pro X5 works well with 32 bit OS Both have royalty free music plug ins

Here is video edited in Power Director 11

[video=vimeo;61394222]http://vimeo.com/61394222[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom