Video: Nettle madness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we can do that, I'll change the caption in the video from

to "omnomnomnom" :)

I would set up the nettles in a maze and let the Mola's roam around gobbling them up. :D

What gets me is that this is *The Original*. How many human pacman videos are there?

Haha probably a ton. Glad you guys enjoyed it :)

BTW anyone know when nettles season ends? Or is it all winter?

I believe I asked the same thing last year, they are a nuisance, but either I haven't been stung or it didn't hurt that bad. I have experienced some stinging on my cheek but it didn't last long enough to want to call a dive because of it.

BTW anyone know when nettles season ends? Or is it all winter?

I'm not aware of any particular season. I recall seeing them less in the winter, when the water tends to be clear, and more in summer when you have kelp + sun + warmer water temperatures promoting algae and all sorts of food in the water column.

I have experienced some stinging on my cheek but it didn't last long enough to want to call a dive because of it.

That's what I felt, it was just a tiny pinprick against my cheek. I thought, "oh, that's not a piece of kelp," but it certainly wasn't a crazy full-on sting that I've seen some people suffer through (and why I'm so cautious/chicken around these things).

Yeah, mine felt like an abrasion with salt water rubbed in it. Can't wait for the molas to start turning up to take care of the problem :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom