Video of diving with Anacapa's sea lions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reeveseye

Contributor
Reaction score
This is my second video from diving East Anacapa Island on Sept. 30. Our third dive was at Underwater Arch, which is just offshore from a sizeable sea lion rookery. And as you'll see in the video, sea lions love to play with divers...

The Sea Lions of Anacapa

As with the last video I posted, the 1500k option is iffy even on a high-speed cable connection. If the video skips or stutters, stop it and try the 700k version, which always works well for me.

that was fantastic! I can't wait to come back out again next year and this time dive with those funny creatures. We only had a couple on one dive this year and I was so disappointed! Next year we are coming out for 3 days!!!

robint

John, that was awesome! I liked this one even better than your other one. Nice music selection too.

Thanks for sharing,

John

Great video. I dove that site yesterday, Sunday November 13 off of Spectre. We had the same experience as in the video. The DM on Spectre said that earlier in the week the sea lions did not interact with the divers, which he attributed to exhaustion from having to hunt all night to get ful belly. When we were approaching the dive site the sea lions were swimming out to meet us. Out in front of the arch we had 20 buzzing us constantly. I even had one swim through the arch with me. Great dive site, our best dive of the day and one of the best I've had.

Jim

Great video ! My kid has been bugging me to take him on a sea lion dive. How is Anacapa versus Los Coronados ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom