Video of Lake Michigan wreck dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Enjoy! Just put this together (watch the volume if you're at work - there's music! :))

Did two charters on Lake Michigan Sunday - wrecks Tacoma, Louisville, The Straits of Mackinac (Mac), Wells Burt.

Nice flat lake you had there!

The local diving here is just fab. Temps on the wrecks Sunday ranged from 43F to 50F. It really wasn’t that bad.

Looks like some nice diving.

Need to get myself over to the lakes at some point!

The Lakes are my happy place. Wrecks R Us! :D

These wrecks were all 60ft or shallower. Suitable for pretty much anyone. Well, the Mac is deeper, but my pics came out cruddy so I didn’t use any of those.

I just love the dead eyes on the Wells Burt if anyone hasn’t picked up on that!

This diving is in my backyard. I’m an hour from the boat.

Last edited:
The local diving here is just fab. Temps on the wrecks Sunday ranged from 43F to 50F. It really wasn’t that bad.
It looks like everyone is wearing wet suits. Were you in 7mm or semi dry? I'm a midwesterner and I haven't done a lot of local diving because it's too cold. We wore 7mm suits for our checkout dives in a local quarry, and remember it being uncomfortably cold after the second thermocline at 30 feet, at about 52°F. I just joined the local club, so I need to figure out how to handle cold water.

Back
Top Bottom