Video of my first chamber ride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the first good look I've gotten of entering and exiting a chamber. Looks like pretty tight quarters. How do you get someone in that is in really bad shape? Get someone to assist and go in first and drag the patient in? Is it unusual to have a healthy buddy in the chamber with you? I'd expect someone that is experiencing more extreme symptoms to be pretty anxious and scared.

I trip I never hope to make.

That's the first good look I've gotten of entering and exiting a chamber. Looks like pretty tight quarters. How do you get someone in that is in really bad shape? Get someone to assist and go in first and drag the patient in? Is it unusual to have a healthy buddy in the chamber with you? I'd expect someone that is experiencing more extreme symptoms to be pretty anxious and scared.

I trip I never hope to make.

I too, hope that it is a trip you never have to make. I've "been there, done that", and the experience
(6, 5 hour "table 6" rides.) was more than enough for a lifetime (hopefully one not to be repeated.)

IIRC, chambers vary in size from a very small monoplace, "cigar tube"/coffin size, (nice thought), with room for just the patient-the platform that the patient lies on then slides into the chamber, which is then sealed up.
At the other extreme is a massive "room sized" chamber, that has multiple areas for treatment-treatment is done with the patient-and attendants- at large easy chair type beds.

The one in the video seemed to be a small-(not smallest) chamber that has room for an attendant.
I have personal experience with a similar, but somewhat larger, chamber. it had room for 2 patients and an attendant. Snug, not fun, and for me, a "better living through chemistry" moment-or should I say, hours/days.'
You have the right idea regarding how to get a patient that is in bad shape into the chamber.

BTW, in many chambers, where there is an attendant along for ther ride, the attendant is replaced every hour, which is one reason for the "airlock"-double hatched situation that you see in the video.

As I said, I hope thast you never need one .

What I see here I a bunch of friends that rushed back to accompany a fellow diver who was in trouble. The group is made of serious divers who do things seriously but who don't take themselves seriously.

You can feel the anxiety in the guy's voice in the begining but things change when his friends show up and he realises that he is in good hands, bound for a professionnal treatment facility and that the simptoms did nor get any worse.

I admire him for the films he has shown us, made in a harsh environment and I envy him for the group of true friends he has.

All the best to you One fin.

As for those who take life too seriously...:mooner:

Doese any one here know One fin personaly?

I'm not sure why this post got moved from the New England section to the general forum. He makes entertaining videos about local (RI) wreck dives.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved here by request of the OP...

Well at first it looks like a joke video. I really hope it did not happen. Bill is well know by all us diving the wrecks of the RI sound. I will say he is a great guy and hardcore diver.
Knowing him is to love him....for the funny videos...well if he took the video I guess it is really fine if he makes a joke about the whole thing.

Bill, will you be able to dive next year?
The best wishes...
Ed

whens the next film?:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom