Video of the Onondaga April 1 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice quality.

Beats the heck out of anything Ive seen on youtube.

Thanks for postiog it. Ide actually love to do a dive off the lighthouse as the vis may be just as goos as that area is well flushed with heavy white sand and plenty of rocks.

That's a nice video. Viz looks good and there's quite a bit of structure left to the wreck. Could you give me the particulars...max depth, current, surge, distance from land, is it a single tank dive...that sort of thing. Just like to know if it's w/i my training/experience level. Thanks.

LobstaMan

LobstaMan:
That's a nice video. Viz looks good and there's quite a bit of structure left to the wreck. Could you give me the particulars...max depth, current, surge, distance from land, is it a single tank dive...that sort of thing. Just like to know if it's w/i my training/experience level. Thanks.

LobstaMan

It is a fairly easy dive. Max depth is about 50 ft, although most of the wreck is shallower. Ed and I both used single tanks.

The main issue with that site is the current. You need to do it at slack water, the current really tears through there once the tide starts going. Typically we go out there a bit ahead of slack, tie in and then just wait for the current to back off enough to start the dive.

It is about 0.5 nm off of Watch Hill, on the west side of Watch Hill reef. There is a pretty nice description of it in Gary Gentile's Shipwrecks of RI and CT book.

RIOceanographer:
Nice! The soundtrack really captures the serious nature of our little gang too. :D

That line-up of all the divers at the start cracks me up though, it makes Ed and I look like giants (notwithstanding the fact that Ed was standing on his tip toes). Oh wait... Ed and I are giants.... nevermind.... :D

Are you guys giants or is the guy on the side of Ed realy small:eyebrow: That was a fun day. This weekend doesnt look that great but the next nice weekend we should do the Volund. I give you both a call.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom