video - visiting Chichen Itza ruins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of these days, I've got to drag myself out of the caves long enough to see some of the ruins. Thank you for putting up this video and helping me get motivated :)

If you decide to make the trek, do it the way Robint did. Spend the night in either Vallodolid or Piste. Then hit CI at 9am, When you are done there you will have the time to tour Ek Balam (just north of Valladolid) on your way back to the coast. Should you plan on taking the Tulum-Valldolid road, make sure that you are in Tulum by night time. Not that you are likely to be robbed or assaulted, but the road is narrow, poorly maintained and has the most vicious topes I have seen in the Yucatan.

If you decide to make the trek, do it the way Robint did. Spend the night in either Vallodolid or Piste. Then hit CI at 9am, When you are done there you will have the time to tour Ek Balam (just north of Valladolid) on your way back to the coast. Should you plan on taking the Tulum-Valldolid road, make sure that you are in Tulum by night time. Not that you are likely to be robbed or assaulted, but the road is narrow, poorly maintained and has the most vicious topes I have seen in the Yucatan.

the Mayan Adventure map also gives road information on it which is very helpful. With that map I would feel very comfortable traveling all over the area, visiting lots of sites on my own. Next time in the area we are spending more than a day in Piste/Valladolid area and see things listed on map. We were in such a rush we didn't get the chance and all we could do is point as we went by. :depressed: Ek Balam is at the top of my list, too.

also, if you didn't see my trip report: http://www.rnrscuba.net/MayanRuins/ChichenItza_March2009.html

robin:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom