View finder for MX11e

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a new MXIIE with the YS 60 strobe. I am headed to Bonaire and am sooo pumped. I am gettig instruction from a friend who is a professional photographer. But I don't know what the heck I would use the viewfinder for?

I can't see a darn thing out of it, very distorted but I would think that is normal? Is the viewfinder necessary or should I return it for a 16mm lens? To shoot all those large pelagics I'm going to get close to in Bonaire.

Hey, Buff! We have been to Bonaie twice and will probably continue to go there at least once a year. The diving is great!

And the picture opportunities... well check out our website & you'll see some from our trip about a month ago

http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/pgdaley2001

Usually the viewfinder is used with lenses other than the default lens that comes on the camera so that you can see how the picture will be framed/composed.

For example, we have a pair of MMIIs (predecessor to yours). When we use the 16mm lens, we also use the paralax viewfinder, which I think is comprable to what you are talking about with your camera (gain, older technology, :wink:). We adjust the angle of the viewfinder so that it mirrors the lens, and so can take those nice wideangle shots you were talking about.

Remember, the lenses are made to be used underwater, so you may not be able to see properly through the additional viewfinder while on land.

Does this help at all?

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom