Villa Sueños de Mar (Villa Ocean Dreams) any one stayed here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's funny. I sent him a pm suggesting Deb's place too! What a beautiful house and right on the water.
Yeah, there are many people that are not sure where I came from. ha

I would would contact Christi about El Cantil, she has had many dviers staying there and she can set up a little diving for you. It's a 5 minute walk into town, a 2 minute walk to the grocery store and will make everybody happy! I am sure you could get two units for the price you would be paying for one large villa so far out of town.

I have been trying to convince my better half on the merits of the combined condo's in El Cantil or something like that. She has the "beach" house with the pool in mind. I keep trying to inculcate to her that Cozumel is not a beach destination although it has some nice beaches. Our non diving friends may be expecting something that just ain't there. Staying south of town or just north (new villa's it seems) will require a couple of cars or lots of taxi rides.
This has come quite a distance to my idea of just getting hitched on a future vacation (I though I'd spring for a Sandals or the like) to hosting a whole bunch of people with various needs and restrictions.
Any house or combination has to have at least 5 separate bedrooms, some sort of pool and we still have to figure out the logistics of gettin' hitched.
I can't imagine having tons of time to let Christi's gang get me into the current where it will be safe....lol...other than a before or after the week of friends coming down.
Perhaps it was a mistake to bring her to Coz in the first place to help her realize her wanting to become a certified diver.
You really can't get the place out of your system.
I may have to start referring to the process as my own little tropical storm Cynthia as it keeps changing directions and is hard to predict..lol.
Thanks for the info. so far.
Hey Christi how is the Yoga situation on the island now?

Hey Christi how is the Yoga situation on the island now?

There are a few great Yoga classes here now. There's Tammy's Power yoga at Studio 65 and also Jana teaches a GREAT Power Vinyasa at EGO Gym MWF at 4:45 and T TH at 6:30 I believe - but need to check that T TH schedule to be sure. You do not have to be a member of the gym to do her classes. You can purchase a package or pay by the class - I think $75 pesos per class without package, and packages will bring it down to about $40 pesos a class - well worth it! I had to quit going because the class falls right in the middle of my afternoon office hours - but I go occasionally when I don't HAVE to be in the office - I really miss her yoga class!

Then there's Serena's yoga class on Av. 5 in the mornings - she's really good, but I prefer Jana and Tammy's power yoga.

You may want to check out this place. I've always wanted to stay here, but have never put together a group big enough. It has

5 bedrooms
pool
dock for pickups for diving, fishing, snorkeling
on water but not a beach

But it's close to town, located next door to Scuba Club.

Cozumel, Mexico/Cozumel homes,condos and villas

It may work, it would for me

Congrats and good luck

Rich

PS - let me know if you are interested, it's owned by a friend of a friend.

Hi Scuba Guy, I noticed a reference to Villa Sol Haa on the thread. This happens to be my property and it is nice to see positive reviews, thank you. Just to clarify, I do have dive boat pick up at my beach. Dive Choice Mexico has been picking up at my beach for 4 years now with no problems , and my guests love it. Taxis are also very easy to get either by having my caretakers call or simply going down to Uvas ( 200') and getting one. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them.
Cheers, Nicholas

Thanks to all who contributed feedback. The mainland has won out for the week with friends so I hope to cram in a few days of diving after the week on la isla bonita. We may still try and do a dinner and a day on the island. My sweetie really can't get La Verandah out of her head and for most in the group a day on the island would be a great adventure even without diving.
For the super curious it will be a beachfront villa near Tulum.
Once again many thanks for all the great advice and help.
And happy Cinqo de Mayo for those lucky enough to have the time to celebrate on location! If the powers that be wish to close the thread that would be fine. Cheers, J>H>:dancinglock:

Back
Top Bottom