Vintage 72's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BRT

not a soft touch
Reaction score
I have 2 steel 72's that certainly qualify as vintage. One is a Healthways and one is a US Divers. One had its first hydro in '49 and the other in '58. They both have post valves and the tanks look very similar. On the outside they are in reasonable condition but I have not pulled the valves or the boots. Is there any interest in these? I'd take the shipping and enough to package them for shipping because I hate to destroy them. Or should I fill them one last time and enter them in the "I Like Guns" forum? Offers? Advice?

There is definitely interest on them. You should not destroy two perfectly good tanks. Specially one from 1949 (or even from 1958). I am personally not interested because I don't like the 1/2 inch tapered valves, but there are plenty of collectors/ divers that like them.

If you don't get quick response here, you can post them at VintageDoubleHose.com and there are plenty of divers over there that will like to have them.

Thanks, I'll to go vintagedoublehose also. It hurts me to destroy them but it also hurts me to have them in the way.

Back
Top Bottom