Virginia Aquarium seeking volunteer divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope the introduction and paperwork shuffle went well for those who attended today. Tomorrow's water portion of tryouts will be at Bow Creek Recreation Center at 8:30 AM.

Pretty big group. Around 23 people. Getting ready to leave for the dive portion and am pretty excited. Red sea exhibit is a very nice exhibit. Hope to get in it one day in the future and I mean the future.

How did everything turn out this weekend?

The Virginia Aquarium is putting the finishing touches on it expansion, including the 'Red Sea' exhibit, and is looking for more volunteer divers.

Send in your application (available on the website), and prepare to join the screening process. The minimum requirements are OW + 10 dives or AOW, and there is an in-water test (buoyancy control, etc.).

Come join the fun and swim with diverse aquatics year round!

Ohhhhh I so wish! Trying to get to volunteer in the Atlanta aquarium is like getting to go land on the moon. Damn near impossible and only for a small group.

Just did my check off dives and am official diver now. It was alot of fun and they let me feed the fish during my training dive since I was the only one today. A lot of fun. Can't wait to get into the water.

I wanted to get set up for that stuff but uncle sam had me working that weekend I guess when I go to shore Duty I will try it out.

Will

Back
Top Bottom