Visa Debit and online stores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all,
Being on the frozen prairies of Canada there are not alot places to buy scuba gear besides my LDS.
I am looking for online sites that will take Visa debit... Pay pal is ok but I have to keep several hundred dollars in that account instead of my own, if not there is a ten day hold on funds.
Does anyone shop online using Visa Debit :D

I have shoped with scuba toys before,but as far as I know they don't take visa debit.
Always paid them with paypal.

How is that any different from Visa credit cards? I think you can also charge the card through paypal as well. So, you should be able to use it with any vendor that takes paypal also.

Well Visa Debit is a new thing up here in Canada, we have had debit cards for a long time, but nohing that you could use online. It is my understanding it is used like a Visa credit card, but only by places that disply a Visa Debit trademark.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Don't know about Canada but my Visa Debit card can also be used as a credit card. When I use it I have a choice between using it as a Credit or a Debit card. When I use it online it is processed as a credit card. It still debits my checking account but is still a credit card.

I have been using my VISA and Mastercard debit cards online for years. Just use them the same way as a credit card. Also, you can tie your PayPal account to your regular bank so that funds for any purchases paid through Paypal are automatically transferred from your regular bank account.

Sask Diver,

What's the benefit of using Visa debit over credit? Do you save the extra percentage that Visa tacks on for currency conversion?

Don't know about Canada but my Visa Debit card can also be used as a credit card. When I use it I have a choice between using it as a Credit or a Debit card. When I use it online it is processed as a credit card. It still debits my checking account but is still a credit card.

Thank you this helps alot :D

Sask Diver,

What's the benefit of using Visa debit over credit? Do you save the extra percentage that Visa tacks on for currency conversion?

Never had a credit card and don't want one, have always paid for everything with cash. trips, cars, gear you name it.

Back
Top Bottom