Visibility In Vancouver and the Gulf Islands??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My friend keeps telling me he doesnt want to go because its raining and the runoff causes horrible visibility. But if i dont go when its raining i miss out on 2/3 of the year haha.........somebody clear this up? Is it ok to dive in the Rain? or am i setting my self up for dissapointment!?

Thanks
Simon

It all depend where you diving, In and around Victoria it rain all winter and some of the best dive are done during that time. Last week it rain almost everyday and I did a dive in the Saanich Inlet with all the run off from the mountains and the viz was over 50ft in range, they was a layer of fresh water at the surface but it clear under 15 feet. If your friends don't dive when it rain in BC they should move somewhere else or quick diving all together. IMO real diver dive anytime doesn't what the weather is like.

Cheers
Al

I'm trying to get the nerve to get out again. I've only been once while being over here in North Van. The last time it was freeeeezing cold (36F or so, and down to 33F). That's just dumb. I'm more worried about the temp than the runoff. If the viz is crap, just get closer to what you want to see.

- ChillyWaters

yah tru enough....i told my friend hes an idiot and stop being so freakin lazy....'

i dove at whytecliff the other weekend, it was pretty bad, vis was maybe 10 feet, and it was cold, but it serves me right for cheaping out and getting a wetsuit instead of dry!

I was just out on the Sunshine Coast last week. It was raining before we got there, but then cleared up.

We had 60 ft vis most days. (one dive site had about 80ft...another about 30)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom