Visio Tri-ex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Tusa Reps!!!!!!
Ok... I admit it..I have mask issues...big time....I have never found one that works great. I tried (and bought) a Visio Tri-ex in the LDS pool....Seemed like a good fit at 15'. Then took it to Curacao on Vacation. After about 25' I could not keep the mask from flooding....Clear....leak, clear...leak, clear...leak. Finally I tried to just live with it. Then it averaged a water line just under my eyeballs before I would clear it. Back up at 15-20' it seems to stablize. After getting out and really looking it over well, I think it seems to have a design flaw. The nose pocket is set so far back in the mask that in order to equalize you have to disrupt the bottom edge of the mask to equalize. Plus the rounded ?cheek? edge on the bottom needs to have exactly the right shaped face to fit it. The mask feels great on the face due to the supple skirt but I wonder if it is almost too soft, I love the visual of the mask but I can't stand it filling up with water constantly.....Any suggestions????

Hi Cheddarchick,
The M-31 has been a great seller and fits many people quite well, the skirt is soft and supple but is the same material and softness that has been proven over the years by TUSA and used in all other current masks. The M-31 does have ratcheting side buckles called a 5-position strap adjuster, that allows for fine-tuning fit and the option to change the pressure exerted on the top, middle or bottom of the mask skirt. This can help to alleviate small leakage especially at the cheek and upper lip/nose area. Only other recommendation would be to make sure that you are not wearing the mask strap too tighly - this can also cause leakage or that hair or a hood is in the way of causing a good seal.
As you know, each mask fits differently due to width, height and 3-D skirt features so you may just have to try the above recommendations or possibly another mask with your LDS.

I still feel it is the positioning of the nose pocket that has caused most of my leakage. As you grasp the nose to equalize it basically pulls the bottom of the skirt off your face, causing a flood....I will talk to my LDS about it though....It is not my 1st Tusa mask, and I am aware of the hair, hood and ect issues....

Back
Top Bottom