Visit MarineBio.org to learn more about the critters you see underwater!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joni

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi fellow divers!

Just wanted to point you all to a site that I work on that focuses on ocean conservation and marine biology. www.marinebio.org. It's 100% non-profit, so I'm not selling anything here. It's just a great site for those of us who like to know what we're looking at beneath the surface - and above it!

We're working hard to get more species entered into the database so that we can launch some new content.

Feel free to sign up for our newsletter too. I'm about to begin writing the next one which should come out sometime in May.

Thanks!

Joni

Nice web site!

Are there plans to expand the site to include invertebrates? My current obsession is nudibranchs. Can't get enough of 'em!

Thanks!

Thanks Joni!

wow...

Hi all,
Yes MarineBio will eventually have a page for each and every marine species. Our plans are to finish the first most common 1200 critters in the next year. So much to do, so little cash. lol

marinebio:
Hi all,
Yes MarineBio will eventually have a page for each and every marine species.

That's over a million species. You guys must have one heck of a server.

Back
Top Bottom