Visiting Yucatan January and February 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be visiting Yucatán with family (non-divers) next January and February 2016 (2 weeks) and I would like to do some diving.
Cities I will visit are Valladolid, Merida, Tulum, Playa del Carmen/Cozumel and Cancún/Isla Mujeres.
I would like to dive a Cenote, and at least 2 days in the sea, perhaps in Cozumel and Cancún.
Please, could you give me some recommendations of dive sites to visit, cenotes and operators.
I'm carrying only a few parts of my gear, this is mask, snorkel, fins (I want to do extensive snorkeling), PDC and not much else.

We will be more than glad to help you plan for your upcoming trip! Please check us out at Diving Mexico - Cenotes, Caves, Caverns, Reefs Playa del Carmen Tulum - Blue Life. We can build a package perfectly suited to what you would like to do, and bring your non-diving family along for snorkeling as well if they would like! For more information, please email Sarah at info@bluelife.com and she will make sure to get you all set up with a really cool diving package.

Hope to dive with you soon!

While you are in Valladolid be sure to take a half day and visit the Mayan ruins of Ek Balam. Let me put it this way, having been to both Ek Balam and Chichen Itza, Ek Balam is the one I would visit a second time.

If you haven't heard of them, check out Cancun & Riviera Maya Maps and Travel Guides Worth their weight in gold if this is your first trip to the area.

I recommend Nicolas from CenoteXperience Nico and Martin are great guys and excellent dive guides.They have a small shop in Playa and great personalized service. Each of the cenotes are different and I would check out the videos on YouTube to see which ones interest you. Angelita, Dreamgate, the Pit, Gran, Dos Ojos, Tajma Ha, Calavera, Chac Mool, Kukulkan, Car wash, and Manati are all cenotes I have dove.

I have had great luck with www. Casadelbuceo.com on isla Mujeres. They are small and very professional. Lots of personalized service, well maintained equipment and and excellent staff. I like the fact that 6 is a full group. Excellent operation. I'm on my way back to spend a week with them the first of November.

Tell them Hyrum sent you :)

Finally I dived with Blue Life in Playa del Carmen.
Everything was just perfect. A DM was with me the 3 days I dived there. First day was in Playa del Carmen. Tortugas and Sabalos. Second day was Cozumel Palancar horseshoe and La Francesa reef. And the third day was La Ponderosa Cenote and Casa Cenote. First and third day we dived with EAN32, which was included. Great !
The DM Hugo was excellent, or even more. A wonderful person.
The whole people of Blue Life was incredible, very friendly and very profesional. I do recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom