Vitamins or nutrients before and during dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tboxcar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone suggest any bascis vitamins or nutrients that benefit one while on a dive trip? I understand eating bananas for potassium to avoid cramping anything else that comes to mind that has been proven?

Ginger supposadly helps with sea sickness. Vitamin C is always a good thing. I believe it boosts the immune system and helps to keep you from getting sick.

~Jess

I take a "Stress Tab", which is a very high potency vitamin of
B, C and a few others. I take them on travel days or other days
I'm extremely run down.
I no longer get sick after traveling.

--- bill

Watch out what you bring along on out of country trips. International travelers may be put under extra scrutiny for any sort of pills they may have.
Sudafed, for instance, is illegal in Mexico.
Some nutritional supplements or possibly even high-dosage vitamins may likewise be illegal in other countries.

Airborne is also awesome stuff. It is a vitamin drink mix designed for those times when you are highly susceptable to getting sick such as when traveling on airplanes.

~Jess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom