volunteer dive/rescue groups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hotsoup631

Registered
Reaction score
Background: small, rural township in the Midwest is interested in creating a dive rescue/recovery team.

Question: What has been done before? Anybody associated with similar programs?

While the program is intended to train and recruit individuals from the fire and police departments, I'm also interested in the volunteer groups that are out there. What kind of specialized training do they do? How are the programs set up? Legal liability issues, etc.

hotsoup631 once bubbled...
Background: small, rural township in the Midwest is interested in creating a dive rescue/recovery team.

Question: What has been done before? Anybody associated with similar programs?

While the program is intended to train and recruit individuals from the fire and police departments, I'm also interested in the volunteer groups that are out there. What kind of specialized training do they do? How are the programs set up? Legal liability issues, etc.

IANTD recognizes the fact that 95% of the Public Safety Diving in this country is done by vounteer teams! I salute the spirit of volunteerism that you and your friends posess. It is what makes this country great!

PM me and I can give you many of the answers you are looking for, as well as suggest some avenues for training!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom