Vr3 depth reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowridersvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just perchased a vr3 computer and its aboult 3 feet off with my bottom timer and the rest of my dive teams computers wondering if this normal with the vr3 or is there and adjustment from feet of fresh water to salt water

Probably a freshwater/saltwater thing.

I had a SmartCom computer for the longest time, and it always read deeper than everyone else, and I noticed the VR3 was closer to what everyone else would read (the Uwatec would read 157 at around 152-154). I was diving in Fresh water for these readings, so I wonder if it was set for fresh, and everyone elses comps read for salt, I'm not sure.

lowridersvt:
3 feet off with my bottom timer and the rest of my dive teams computers
what is 3ft between friends, he? It is 3%.... this could be a fresh/salt water setting, it could be tolerances, or combination....

It seems to be 3 ft off at any depth but i havent had it deeper than 100ffw so see what it does when we get deaper

I used to have this same problem until I sent it back for a few upgrades and now it is spot on, or off, depending on if the rest of my bottom timers are correct.

You might find it needs to go back to be calibrated. But as you're shown in Advanced courses some depth instruments give different readings at depth by nearly 3 ft to a meter. My Suunto compaired to my VR3 is slightly different also.

Does it show your 3 feet out when you surface? IE at the end of the dive just sitting with it under the surface. If so again you might need to send it back. Or find a buddy who has one too and see what the difference is compared to your one. Or see if the dealer could pressure test it for you.

Again if all the last bits still don't make you feel happy with it email Delta P or give them a call in the UK and explain your problem.Then send it back and get them to check it out.

+44 (0)1202 624478

support@vr3.co.uk

Hope the above helps.

My VR3 did the same when I first purchased it. I went into the Altitude Settings and calibrated at Sea Level. That fixed everything up. Best of luck with your VR3

Spot on that should do the trick. The pleasure of having yourself in one country and the instructions in another.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom