vr3 o2 sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mooncat

Reaction score
gday guy's, i am having a little trouble when analysing my nitrox cylinders with the vr3 using the o2 sensor. I am finding that it is not stabilising and when i finally get it semi stable the analysis is 10% too high! Do you think that the cell maybe stuffed or is this a general vr3 thing?? the cell is 12mths old and has been used maybe 1/2 a dozen times( this being the case everytime)and is in an airtight container when not in use. The software in the vr3 is the current 3.?? version.

I have no idea about the vr3, but o2 cells do go bad, and off the top of my head, one year sounds right, although I think there are some 2 or 3 years cells out there. What you described sounds like it's the sensor going bad.

One way to check would be to see how many millivolts it's putting out and see if this makes sense with what it's rated to put out. For example a 30mv sensor putting out 5mv is probably due for replacement.

thanks, will give it a try

Give them a call or e-mail.

Other than the sensor how do you like the computer? Do you have the color screen?

Please post the results as I am interested in this computer.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom