VT3 altitude and transmitter pressure calibration possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

logandzwon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Ocean VT3 and a transmitter which I bought separately and both were previously used. I have two problems related to calibrations, but otherwise I love them.

-The issue with the VT3 is that it is seems to believe I am at altitude, when in fact at sea level, (in Florida.) This throws off the dive planning function since it seems to think we are between 2,000 ft and 3,000 ft.

-The transmitter always reads a few hundred PSI lower then other gauges. IE, with a full HP 100 the LDS's pump's gauge, the Nitrox O2 pressure gauge, and my G/F's wireless transmitter all read my tank as about 3400. My transmitter reads it at 3100. I've swapped the transmitters between my G/F's computer and mine, and vice-verse. It appears to be an miscalibration with the transmitter.

Is there anyway to adjust the calibration of these either of the devices?

just a quick update. The receiver started working correctly after removing the battery and then letting it soak in warm tap water for a few hours.

We called Oceanic about the transmitter and they said it is not calibratable, and must be sent in for service.

I suspect that your computer had some "crud" built up around the pressure sensor that led to your problems and that the long, warm soak eliminated or alleviated the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Actually, it's not really working the way I expect. I am in vegas this week, (usually I'm at sea level in Florida.) The VT3 now shows me a new message, EL2, (sometimes EL3) which it telling me I am at elevation.
However the dive planer is showing wrong times. I'll upload a video I took as soon as I can. Basically the screen says EL3, but the tables it shows me is column EL5. Conservative mode is turned off.

I called Oceanic, their suggestion was to buy a new one.

[video=youtube_share;awIfAFY9qWY]http://youtu.be/awIfAFY9qWY[/video]

Attachments

• Imperial.jpg
    Imperial.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom