VX1000 lights housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1

Contributor
Reaction score
My wonderfull hubby just bought this setup for me;
Sea and Sea VX1000 underwater housing
Sunray H.I.D. Lightheads with cables
Battery housing w/ batteries for lights
Sub AL monitor housing with shade and cables
Sony XVM-30 monitor

I am excited to be able to take underwater video but.... MY LORD THIS THING IS HEAVY!!
I have a cold right now so I can't try the setup out before my trip to St. Croix. Anyone have any idea how negative this setup will be?

It came in two cases at 37lb each. I'm starting to consider leaving the box with the lights here and just taking the camera and housing with the red filter. My travel partner is in a wheel chair and I'll already have to handle her and two checked bags. I really hate to make hubby mad though because he is all excited about it but doesn't dive. Think I'm going to miss my good ole camera.

Probably not too negative. Most housings are neutral to slightly negative. The light batteries will make it a little more negative, but still should not be too bad.

If it's a Dive Buddy, the housing by itself with the camera in it should be under 1lb. negative. Their new ones are 14oz. negative when sealed. Adding the lights/batteries should make that worse. You could probably bring the monitor/housing w/o causing a big difference since the weight of it will somewhat be displaced by the air both around and inside the monitor itself. Shouldn't need lights in St. Croix...

you'd be surprised... i've got the CANON XL1 in a GATES housing and the dang thing weighs a freakin' tonne! it even has 4 freakin' 1# weights in it.... U/W it is perfectly neutral..... gravity's got nothing on on bouyancy!

Thanks, that sounds encouraging. I have some more questions but I'll start another thread for them. Can't wait for this cold to go away so I can try it out.

Disregard my previous post, I had Amphibico on my brain....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom