Vytec alternatives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

netmage

Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all,

Does anyone dknow of any alternatives to the Vytec.... I really like having wireless air integrated and am definately looking to get technical and like the multi-gas features the Vytec offers..... Any ideas....?

Air integration, Vytec, and technical are incompatible terms. If you want a recreational computer that is similiar to the Vytec, there are few around with multi-gas capability. Which, IMO, is not necessary for recreational diving anyway.

The Vytec is not suited for technical diving unless used in gauge mode as a B/T.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...
Air integration, Vytec, and technical are incompatible terms. If you want a recreational computer that is similiar to the Vytec, there are few around with multi-gas capability. Which, IMO, is not necessary for recreational diving anyway.

The Vytec is not suited for technical diving unless used in gauge mode as a B/T.

MD

Somehow I knew that was going to be the response I'd get... The two are mutually exclusive eh...?

Then I suppose I made the right choice with the Uwatec bottom timer and I'll just hafta use my noggin...

Thanks MD

netmage once bubbled...

Somehow I knew that was going to be the response I'd get... The two are mutually exclusive eh...?

Then I suppose I made the right choice with the Uwatec bottom timer and I'll just hafta use my noggin...

Thanks MD

I looked at the Vytec quite awhile for use as a deco rec computer and use of gauge mode for trimix diving. Although a good choice for some, I didn't get one.

Good choice on the Uwatec B/T :)

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom