Vytec transmitter extender

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was recently gifted a NOS Suunto Vytec computer with the transmitter. When I tried to install the Transmitter on my SEA/Cousteau first stage there was not enough room to install the transmitter on either side.
I am hoping some one has a solution to this problems, I can not be the first to have this issue.

I was recently gifted a NOS Suunto Vytec computer with the transmitter. When I tried to install the Transmitter on my SEA/Cousteau first stage there was not enough room to install the transmitter on either side.
I am hoping some one has a solution to this problems, I can not be the first to have this issue.

Nope, had the exact same problem on mine as well (US Divers Cousteau/SEA first stage with Micra Second Stage). There are two ways of doing this. You can daisy chain two port extenders or just use a six inch high pressure hose. I would go with the six inch high pressure hose. You have the added benefit that should anyone grab your first stage (gear exchange or rescue tow), they won't snap the transmitter.

I am hoping some one has a solution to this problems.
And, while I personally use a 6" HP hose like Scuba 1 and Ouvea recommend, I would add that you are not limited to 6" HP hose. I have a dive buddy who put his transmitter on a longer hose and runs it down lower, along the line of his cylinder, and secures it with a bungee.

Back
Top Bottom