For Sale W shaped Backplates $75 shipped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lostsheep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have several of these backplates looking to get rid of. They are based off of the HUWPorter design. They have a W bent into them to act like an integrated single tank adapter. Plates are stainless steel and weigh about the same as any other SS plate. The slots for the webbing could be a little wider but they work.

They are unused.

$75 each shipped within the US. If elsewhere we’ll have to look into shipping.

IMG_7442.jpeg
IMG_7441.jpeg
IMG_7443.jpeg

I got mine. Thanks for the quick delivery. Looks like a cool design. This is probably a dumb question but I assume I have to figure out how to remove those stabilizer rods that come with most wings nows days?

Gonna depend on the wing.

I cut the rods out of the Apeks wing I use with this plate but I think other wings wouldn’t have that problem. My diverite wings fit really well.

Jon

How much does one weigh? I’m just getting started on my first BP/W
I max dive a 5mm wetsuit + single steel tank

How much does one weigh? I’m just getting started on my first BP/W
I max dive a 5mm wetsuit + single steel tank
Unless your body is very buoyant, a steel plate like this with a steel tank and a thin suit is going to make you heavier than you need or want - or I would be buying one and I am NOT thin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom