Wahoo.... finally!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheDivingBear

Registered
Reaction score
I am CERTIFIED (Open Water)! Yipee! It was alot of work. It should have been more fun, and once down and just swimming, I was doing the skills fine, without even thinking, and that was fun. But, like all students, when it came time to demonstrate the skill to the instructor, I would tense up and while I did do it, it was work. I will say this; there was two times when I got water in my nose or throat (or both) and my first thought wasn't to dart up, but to grab my reg and cough it out. The instructor thought once that I might "pop"; I did look up, but I was trying to get bearings I had coughed a few times and lost site of where I was. Once I cleared my mouth, I cleared my mask.

So, now it is off to the warmer waters of the Caribbean (though with a 7 mil wetsuit, the rock quarry water was a nice 81 degrees (until we hit the thermocline at 65 degrees)).

Peace,

Bear

Glad you got thru. We almost struggled with one skilll or another. I could not turn my valve back on underwater and that was and still is my weak spot.

Back
Top Bottom