Waianae or North Shore - June 14?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KiiY

Contributor
Reaction score
10:15pm Sunday night -- Thought I'd post this in the hope that I can make last minute arrangements to go diving with a local dive op tomorrow, June 14 (Monday). It was already after business hours when my partner canceled out on me tonight so Scubaboard is my last hope.

Do any of the dive ops here do North Shore or Waianae?

Looking to do a shore at either of those locations... Shark's Cove would be great, but I guess the North Shore swell is making things a bit rough.

I'm PADI AOW certified. Will need to rent all equipment except wetsuit, mask and snorkel.

If anyone gets this and can take a last minute booking, could you PM me please?
Thanks!

-Kevin

this late in the game i would say get in touch with taylor at
Deep Ecology, 66-456 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI, 96712. Phone: (808) 637-7946 or (800) 578-3992
tell him marco sent yah. i would call first thing in the morning or just be at the shop in the morning. you might can get an afternoon dive. your other option up there is surf and sea. the instructors there are great, cant say the same about the management.

Thanks for the advice!

I called Deep Ecology at 8am and managed to squeeze into a couple of dives at Shark's Cove with Tyler and his group of people. There was a bit of surge which made going through the lava tubes sort of bumpy and kicked up a lot of sediment, but overall it was a couple of great dives with really good people.

Definitely would recommend Deep Ecology and hope to dive with them again the next time I'm in town.

I wish I had time to dive at least one more day, but unfortunately today was my last chance for this trip -- which is why I was so desperate to get out there when my other arrangements got canceled.

Next time! The YO257, San Pedro and Sea Tiger are really cool dives. Done those a few times and wouldn't mind diving them again later on.

Mahalo!

well it looks like everything worked out, glad you had a good time and we hope to see you diving in hawaii again real soon, we will keep a set of tanks full for yah.

Back
Top Bottom