wait time for ssi cards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikwho

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
what is the normal wait time for your card when a dive shop sends out for them? my old padi card is pretty tired after 11 years and i want the new SSI card for my Costa Rica trip coming up. just curious what the norm is.... thanks

I'm sure the time of year, LDS management, backlog for SSI card prints, and mail time all have to be taken into account. You should have a temporary card as soon as you complete your check out dives.

Most SSI shops (At least the ones in my area) have card printers on site and print the card as soon as you meet the requirements. A lot better then waiting for the mail.

gotcha.. my lds does not have a card printer, but does not seem too busy given the time of year. week and a half seems pretty quick! i have two months after the check dives so i should be ok. worst case, my tired padi card in conjunction with my temp cards should get me by, if need be. thanks for the input! Nik

We don't have a card printer in our shop. Our shop Processes cards within 1- 2 days of OW check- out dives, online. As soon as the card is processed, we can print out a temporary immediately, if one is needed. The cards typically arrive 7- 10 days after processing.

I love my new SSi OW card...it's so flashy :cool2:ù

got it in under a week after having completed my OW

good thing my picture came out small , it was not my best:blinking:

I'm teaching at the guadalajara university swimming pool were another SSI instructor named teofilo teaches too... I have to recertified at least 6 of teo's students that never received a cert card... The problem is not the SSI sistem. SSI is very serius about C-cards, the problem is instructors that no take the job seriously.:shakehead:

gotcha.. my lds does not have a card printer, but does not seem too busy given the time of year. week and a half seems pretty quick! i have two months after the check dives so i should be ok. worst case, my tired padi card in conjunction with my temp cards should get me by, if need be. thanks for the input! Nik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom