Wakatobi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00scuba

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to perhaps go to Wakatobi next year....wondering who has been and the experience that you have had. It looks amazing..and i would love to hear its as amazing as i think it will be!

Accommodations are basic but serviceable. Management is rather inflexible, but delivers what they promise.

House reef has outrageous macro life. A photographer's dream.

I recommend it.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Not sure when the last time DocVikingo was at Wakatobi, but their bungaloes are somewhat better than 'basic but servicable' and I think they will have A/C in some of them this year (they do have 6 rooms in the main lodge which could be considered 'basic but servicable'). They had excellent dive guides the time I was there and they do cater to photographers. Considering their remote location, they do a great job. You get 3 boat dives a day plus unlimited shore diving and like Doc said, a great house reef!
Good luck!!

Look at divetrip.com. Owner of agency has made a bunch of trips there.

Nemo:
Not sure when the last time DocVikingo was at Wakatobi, but their bungaloes are somewhat better than 'basic but servicable' and I think they will have A/C in some of them this year (they do have 6 rooms in the main lodge which could be considered 'basic but servicable'). They had excellent dive guides the time I was there and they do cater to photographers. Considering their remote location, they do a great job. You get 3 boat dives a day plus unlimited shore diving and like Doc said, a great house reef!
Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom