wanna dive with sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just came back from Bora Bora yesterday, and did 13 dives in 5 days. 5 of these dives were feeding Blacktips, Lemons, Grey Reefs, and Whitetips. We also did Manta Ray dives and spent 20 minutes with one circling around us feeding. We stayed at and dove with the Top Dive Resort. We went on the Padi Trip. http://www.topdive.com/topdive/index.php

We hope to have a shark dive to offer here in Orange Beach, AL. before to long. We dive with Bulls all the time in the summer and fall of the year. We also see Nurse, Black Tip and even Whale Sharks on occasions.

Fiji is has a great shark dive called the Supermarket. Mostly blacktip and grey reef sharks. I went there 5 years ago, and have been dreaming of going back ever since. Not only is the diving great, but the people are great, and, at least at the time, the exchange rate for Americans was about 2 to 1. My best shark diving, so far.

SeaHound:
Is there any place in the world where you can dive with sharks unprotected? I checked out those cage diving charters and thats really cool but a lot of places let you feed sharks out of the cage also right? or wrong?

The best place to dive with sharks out of a cage is Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures. They dive with tiger sharks, reef sharks, bull sharks and many more outside of cages. THey specialize in Shark Trips going over to the bahamas from Palm Beach Fl. It is the best shark diving in the WORLD.!

SeaHound,
There are so many great places to interact with sharks, some natural encounters, some are shark feeds...All are magical. It just depends on what you want to experience. Do you want to feed the sharks? If you do then one of the Bahama islands is the place to go. They have an excellent shark feeder learning trip. Or do you want to see them get fed? If so Fiji, again the Bahamas, or Tahiti is the place to go for a diverse species encounter with out of the cage sharks. For natural encounters with toothy predators, sandtiger sharks are the animal you need to dive with. North Carolina is a great place to visit in the US, Australia has a few of these sharks and so does Africa.

Happy Hunting...

Eli
www.sharkdivermag.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom