Want to Buy Sidemount Rig - Dive Rite Nomad or Hollis SMS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokered11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi I am interested in getting into sidemount diving. If you have a relatively new and good condition rig you are looking to part with, please let me know.

I am around 5'10, 240lbs... so I figure I would need an L/XL in size.

Cheers!

Ed

I think there was a DR nomad for sale on the board, do a search and you might find it.cheers.

what is your price range?

I recently bought a used nomad from a listing on a different forum. A buddy of mine recently bought one on a forum too. If you look you should be able to find one in good to great shape for under $400, and maybe even as low $300.

I have a size large Hollis SMS-100 that is setup for sidemount and single tank. Has S/S backplate and STA with S/S cambands and weight pouches. Looking for $500.00 for complete rig.

Thanks! I did a search... looks like all the ones that would fit me have already been sold.

I think there was a DR nomad for sale on the board, do a search and you might find it.cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I am looking to spend about $350... looks like the going rate based on what's been sold recently.

Thanks!
what is your price range?

---------- Post Merged at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I think large is a bit small for me... thanks for the offer! Also $500 is a bit more then what I would like to spend on something I am not sure if I would like using :)

Have you considered a sidemount course or intro to sidemount? It'll give you a pretty solid idea without the gear commitment. Heck, sling a coupe of stage bottles in a pool (supervised) and that might convince you of the benefits of sidemount.

Yup would consider it... are you offering :)

Have you considered a sidemount course or intro to sidemount? It'll give you a pretty solid idea without the gear commitment. Heck, sling a coupe of stage bottles in a pool (supervised) and that might convince you of the benefits of sidemount.

Slinging a couple of stage bottles is not even close to sidemount diving.

I manage to find a good buy for a Hollis on ebay... I am good for now... unless the product don't show up. Thanks to all for your comments! If there are any sidmound divers around Toronto who don't mind sharing your knowledge, please pm me.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom